Highly regulated by both state and federal government, CalVans has long been popular with employers of farm laborers. CalVans has also been familiar to employers of correctional officers and other state employees who must commute long distances. And now, with the strong emphasis on reducing emissions of greenhouse gases, CalVans is becoming more prevalent among employers from a variety of industries and institutions.
CalVans is a free and easy way to promote ridesharing among your employees.
Sponsored by the California Vanpool Authority, CalVans is a public transit agency represented by the following agencies that comprise its Board of Directors:
- Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments
- Fresno Area Council of Governments
- Imperial County Transportation Commission
- Kern Council of Governments
- Kings County Association of Governments
- Madera County Transportation Commission
- Santa Barbara County Association of Governments
- Tulare County Association of Governments
- Ventura County Transportation Commission
- Merced County Association of Governments
- San Joaquin Council of Governments
- Riverside County Transportation Commission
- Stanislaus Council of Governments
Your business will gain multiple benefits from the CalVans program:
- Reduce workdays lost due to transportation issues
- Provide added benefit to employees at no cost to you
- Comply easily with the Air District’s eTRIP Rule
- Promote safer, less congested roadways
- Keep your business productive
- Protect your liability
Employer-Based Trip Reduction Made Easy
The San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District adopted the eTRIP Rule on December 17, 2009 to reduce vehicle miles traveled (VMT) from private vehicles used by employees commuting to and from work. The trip reduction and administrative requirements of this rule apply to each employer in the San Joaquin Valley Air Basin with at least 100 eligible employees.
You can help your employees reduce VMT quickly and easily with CalVans.
Simply copy and paste the code below into your company’s webpage. The CalVans “Save Money Form a Vanpool” button will appear on your website with a link back to this site.
<a href=”http://calvans.org” title=”CalVans official website”><img style=”border:none;” src=”http://calvans.org/cv-link-back-badge.jpg” width=”129″ height=”129″ /></a>
CalVans will take care of your transportation issues so you can take care of your business.
To bring the benefits of the CalVans program to your operation, contact the California Vanpool Authority at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-655-5444.